ABOUT THE EAGLES

F.O.E. History

The Fraternal Order of Eagles (F.O.E.) is an international non-profit organization uniting fraternally in the spirit of liberty, truth, justice, and equality, to make human life more desirable by lessening its ills and promoting peace, prosperity, gladness and hope.

 

The F.O.E. was founded in February, 1898 by six theater owners gathered in a Seattle shipyard to discuss a musician's strike. After addressing the matter, they agreed to "bury the hatchet" and form "The Order of Good Things." As numbers grew, members selected the Bald Eagle as the official emblem and changed the name to "The Fraternal Order of Eagles." The women's auxiliary traces its roots to 1927.

Boyne City Charter

F.O.E. #1583 Aerie was established on the shore of Lake Charlevoix, in beautiful Boyne City, Michigan in March of 1907, chartered by the Grand Aerie of Virginia. F.O.E. #1583 also includes an Auxiliary.

AERIE 1583 OFFICERS

President

BRUCE L.

Treasurer

CHERYL B.

Inside Guard

Pat M.

Trustee

Gordy B.

Vice President

CARMEN S.

Conductor

JACOB D.

Trustee

Cathy K.

Trustee

Vic H.

Secretary

KIM B.

Chaplin

JULIE K.

Trustee

KEVIN K.

Trustee

Kathy L.